Monday, February 20, 2006

Ouch

I have an ear ache today.. and a sore throat :( Just generally feeling yucky today!
Must be a monday.....

We went diving again on the weekend :) Same place, Chowder Bay in Mossman (Dunno the name of the actual beach). We were doing a "peak performance buoyancy" course, which teaches us skills so we dont go touching the ocean floor and kicking sand, which makes it all mucky and hard to see.
Anyway I overcame my fear of taking my mask off underwater. The first time we had to do it as part of our course 2 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to breathe in thru my nose... not good when you are underwater! LOL So I still havent gotten over that, and I was whinging about it at the surface, so the instructor knew he was going to have to work hard to get me to do it!!! But luckily he was very patient and a very nice person anyway, so much so that by the end of the day I was happily swimming around with no mask on when asked to :)

Then I spent Sunday cleaning the house while Travis worked on an assignment. Started printing off my LO's seeing as i finally bought some albums to put them in, and thats about it...

LOL Took the dogs up to the park yesterday afternoon, and Onslow - whilst walking a lot better - still gets tired quickly.. so Travis was running around with Belle trying to tire her out and I was sitting happily with Onslow... until I heard lots of buzzing, and saw 4 bees hanging around onslow, and even more buzzing around me.. like a crazy woman I stood up and started sprinting away waving my arms and screaming "BEES, BEES, BEES" and left poor Onslow to fend for himself!!! Luckily he thought I was playing and took off after me :) And there were other people in the park too.. how embarressing.. And then there was one lone bee that followed me, so of course I sprinted off again.. LOL what a goose!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Linda,

Sorry to here your not feeling the best, the wedding photos looke unreal,

I hope you feel better soon, Lauren

Peta said...

haha ohh the bee's would of freaked me out too - so now bee's and mozzies like you huh!

Hope it is/was a case of monday-itas and you are feeling all better now!!

The diving would be awesome!! - but I'm with Linda on the takeing the mask off sounds scary to me too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lis! Annette here from DSH! My husband loves diving too - every holiday destination he manages to find somewhere to dive! Must have been scary taking your mask off - I'm even too scared to try diving full stop!! I did go with him on the dive boat once for a snorkel with the manta rays - didn't see any though!