Monday, July 24, 2006

Whinging pays off!

LOL
After whinging about no comments (BTW thanks to everyone that DOES comment regularly on my layouts!!! I do appreciate and loooove comments so thank you very very much) I did a layout that night and posted it the next morning and was blown away by the amount of views and comments received :) here 'tis!
**Not any more... gone off to be published with Scrapbooking Memories**
Coloured flowers by Jen WIlson (Squiggle Fleurs available @ SBB - love them!); alpha is a freebie - Surprise inside by Carrie Stephens; paint by me; arrow is just some free clipart; white flowers are a dingbat font (Love the word dingbat LOL)

so woo hoo for that :)

AND just opened my email to another suprise.... a layout I have done using one of Faith Trues kits has also been accepted for publication!!! :) My first acceptance for a layout using CT stuff :) And it will be in For Keeps (issue 48) My first for FK! woo hoo!

The only problem... that layout was on the corrupted DVD and I have to redo it *sigh* Thankfully everything I used is from the one kit so its not too tedious!

Makes me laugh how all 3 layouts which have been accepted for publication are accepted about 3 months AFTER i sent them off!!! LOL SO they are always such nice surprises :)

ahhh.. I wrote all about my weekend earlier this morning but blogger went mental and didnt publish it for me.

so quick wrap:

FRIDAY

-Had the day off work and cleaned the house top to bottom
-Went out for Sister-in-law's 30th at a bar in the city
-Had enough of said bar with no disco or music and caught the 11:00pm train home
-Got off train at 12:00 and booked a taxi as the line was about 10 people long and one taxi waiting.
- Taxi pulled up announced it was booked for us
- Burly Ned Kelly look-alike was at the front and stole said cab as he argued and argued and carried on like a complete a$$ hole because he was in the front of the queue and said we couldnt have it cos he was in front.
- Poor cab driver was scared cos he didnt want to take Ned Kelly and was trying to argue for us.
- Got sick of arguing and told cabbie to take Ned and dont worry about it.
- Had a conversation with a lovely Irish girl next to me in the queue.. only problem was I couldnt understand her very thick Irish accent but pretended I did so as not to seem rude.
- Shared the next cab with a nice lady at the front of the queue who was going in the same direction as us so we paid for the entire trip for her to say thanks ;)

SATURDAY

- slept all day
- scrapped at night

SUNDAY

- Went to mums as it was MY sisters 30th on the 22nd and ate so much food I am still full from it!
- Got some funny pics I cant wait to scrap!
- Stocked up on new pics of the girls.. especially Madeline who kept saying "Take some of me!" Managed to get ONE nice one of Kayla where she is actually smiling, and not frowning or pulling faces!
- Went home
- ironed
- scrapped
- Went to bed

And thats it.. now.. lets see if this will post
(Better do a quick copy and paste into notepad before pressing the big orange button)

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend... well except for the guy in the cab line.

katef said...

Wow you are on a roll with your LO's being published.. way to go!

BethJ said...

You big tease! After that introduction I was hanging to see the layout and then well hmph no layout! Congratulations Lisa!!!