Tuesday, August 01, 2006

wow-ee!

well... I just got another layout accepted for publication :) This time in SC's digital gallery! woo hoo. I had so many LO's that I was going to email off for that call, and gave up after the first 5! hahaha How good is that... 3 layouts accepted in 2 weeks :)

Anyhoooo I got a call from the phone people saying my mobile phone contract was about to expire, they had a deal with a brand new phone worth $600 or so that they were going to send me for free. Yeah right. I'm going so how much will the repayments be a month? and he said nothing, no extra to pay... I say ok so whats the catch? no catch. Well, a 24 months contract which doesnt both me cos I dont change phone carriers, I have been with this mob since forever and wont be changing LOL. The only difference will be that I get a brand new phone (pretty spunky.. motorola v3x in hot pink! LOL) and I get an extra $5 of calls cos apparently the plan has changed. So I was pretty happy about that!! Should get that delivered soon.

what else? Had another busy weekend.

Washed the dogs on saturday.. OMG that is such an ordeal!! first off to actually speerate them and have one inside and one outside, then to actually GET the dog into the bath.. then try to battle 45 kilos of scaredy cats from jumping out whenever I turn the water on!! They love the massaging of the soap, but once the taps get turned on its war! I had to call travis in to hold Onlsow in the bath because he is just so much stronger than Belle, and stubborn. If i tell Belle enough times to sit still she will.. but not Onslow! And then once the bath was finished, Onslow *tried* to jump out, but because of his sopping wet feet, he slipped, so his legs are sticking up in the air kicking around, and his front feet are all spread and his head is taknig all his weight. What a goose. belle tried to do the same but she landed on a towel so all that happened to her was her back legs got stuck

Then we had friends pop over on Sunday and they have a rottweiler and old english sheep dog, so they bought their dogs along, and the 8 of us went walking. All the dogs wanted to lead so we had 4 big dogs walking in a perfect line, and the 4 of us lagging behind.. we scared a few people as we were walking too!!! LOL so funny :) The dogs all get along nicely which is good.

And thats about it. I've been kept busy at work... pretty funny, the last 2 weeks I have been inundated with rooster complaints... I have had about 6 different complaints of neighbours keeping roosters so have had to go and tell them to get rid of them. Roosters arent allowed to be kept in residential areas as they are too noisy and irritating. So I got that sorted.. and then Friday had a sewer complaint where sewerage was running over driveways and into the stormwater system.. and suddenly EVERYONE has sewer problems!! So far this week I have had 4 different instances where I have had to issue orders to people to repair their sewers.

SO the whole area must be banding together to say OK this fortnight we will all complain about roosters... this fortnight we will all bring up sewer problems... what next?? Ah its all good fun :) Even when people are unco-operative and rude... which is sily of them cos fines for polluting our water ways are not cheap!!!! so watch out if you get on my bad side!! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done getting another layout accepted for publication. That's wonderful Lisa and so well deserved as your work is terrific.

Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pubs - that's fantastic!! And I promise to keep my house clean and rooster free. ;)

BethJ said...

Congratulations Lisa!!!
I didnt know that about roosters - not that I have one - but there are plenty in my suburb and when you go out for a run at dawn - oh boy are they noisy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being chosen for publishing! But your layouts are stunning! I'm in the market for a new phone, so you're really tempting me!