Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Moanings

i hate mondays.

Anyway if you have spare cash and want a beautiful kit, check out Morning Bloom by Lauren Grier. The alpha is sooooo sweet!! AND its currently on special!

Here are some layouts I did with it... its just a perfect match for my wedding pics!!


Well moving onto my weekend!

Saturday was pretty uneventful.. just did some house work and took the dogs for a nice walk.. Poor Onslow was limping in the afternoon after he came back and cooled off.. This is the first time we have noticed him limp since he has been on his medication for hip dysplacia.... The vet said Winter will be tough for him, but winters basically finished and he has been fine up until this weekend.
We have to go back to the vet anyway in a few weeks for another check up to see how his hips are going. Fingers crossed he doesnt need surgery!!

Anyway where was i?

ah Sunday! Well we did grocery shopping, then drove the dogs down to the river (didnt want Onslow to have another strenuous walk) and we went right to the waters edge. We went to a part within walking distance from home through some empty fields and followed the tracks as it is much more accessible than the part of the river that everyone goes to have picnics.

ANYWAY Belle was pretty keen to go to the edge, she splashed her feet and got all excited. Seeing as she has no trouble walking long distances I thought she might like to go for a dip and I could walk her home while Travis drove Onslow home.

Well she wouldnt go in unless I lead her in... and I had 2 options... one: step out onto a bit of a rock where the bank took a nice gradual slope in, OR stand on some soggy, mushy and slippery mud, where the bank dropped off pretty steeply.

Of course I go stand in the mud... belle cant walk in nicely there so takes a step back and does a big launch into the river.. whilst im still holding her leash! LOL
I lost my footing and ended up falling flat on my bum in the muddy water.

I took the camera with me to get pics of Belle swimming and had it in my front pocket.. Thankfully my bum landed on the muddy bank and only my legs went in the water, rather than me launching in front first after her!!!

Here is the result: (you can click for a bigger view)



So needless to say Travis walked Belle home and I snuck back to the car with Onslow and sat on a towel... hoping no-one would see my rear end and think I had a bit of an accident! ROTFL

After that we went for a nice bike ride and just relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. I actually got to wear a skirt and a singlet and wasnt cold!! ahhhhh I cant wait for Summer to start :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Ah Lisa, I LOVE that you took a picture of your dirty rear! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your layouts are beautiful! I especially love the first one. The b/w photo looks great with the purple.

Hope puppy feels better soon.. It's so tough to see them in pain . Hopefully he is getting better.

Melanie

Peta said...

ROFLMAO!! - ohh NO hehe and you got a photo to prove it!!

I love the layouts hun - awesome :)

hope poor Onslow's hip is feeling better and the limp is all gone!!