Wednesday, September 06, 2006

ugh.. sick!

Seems like im always getting sick lately!! Got a cough on Sunday and Monday came down with a fever and flu like symptoms and swollen tonsils. Dr gave me nothing, said to rest its just a virus.. 2 days of that did nothing and my throat still hurts.. go back to the same Dr.. oh you have tonsilitis, i better give you some antibiotics. Anyway im now dosed up on cold and flu tablets and am feeling better.. until they wear off and I come crashing back down! LOL

yay we got tickets to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers when they come to Sydney!! woo hoo! :)

I had a great weekend. Took an RDO (rostered day off) on Friday and took my cousin who is over from Italy into the City.. we jumped on a train and he was laughing at how slow the trains were, how old the trains were, and was looking for the blinds to pull down when the sun was in my eyes! LOL

Then we got to town and we wandered around Darling Harbour waiting for Travis to finish work. anyway Travis rang and told me direction to get to a pub opposite his work (I have no clue when it comes to finding my way around the city! LOL) Well we found it, and I am one who always crosses the road on the green man. Well, my cousin also found that hilarious. No cars and I still wait. hahhaa In italy they just dart across.

Anyway we went to the Lowenbrau German Restaurant. mmmmm LOVE that place :) and then he wanted to dance, so we went upstairs and there was a little fake dancefloor there, so we had a bit of a dance, went looking for some more, but there just isnt anywhere to dance on a friday night...so we went home and played playstation.

Then on Saturday it was a beautiful, hot day. We asked if he wanted to go to the mountains, or the beach and he opted for the beach. So we drove over to Cronulla, got our feet wet and had an ice cream :)

Then on Sunday he came along to the final Panthers game of the year (rugby League) and he was getting SOOOO into the game!! Jumping up and pumping his fist whenever the panthers got close to the try line! hahaha made me laugh :)

On the front.. there is a new designer in town!! Kellie Martin has just started selling kits and they are lovely.. check them out!! Kellie and I used to work together at Dairy Farmers and she was the one who told me all about digi scrapping in the first place and got me hooked! I did this one of Alyssa with her Mocha Latte kit which is up for sale at Elemental Scraps :)

There are also some other great kits for sale at scrapboxx
:)


I do have some more exciting scrapping related news... but its a secret ;) hehehehehe ooooooh im so bad at keeping secrets!!! Especially when it comes to presents for Travis! LOL I always make him guess what I bought and he gets so cranky at me because if he says the right thing he knows I wont be able to lie and say no thats not it! LOL

Anyway thats all from me. My cold and flu tablets have kicked in nicely and I can function again :) Better go tidy up the kitchen before it wears off!!! LOL Hope everyone has a great week / weekend :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Lida, your too nice to be sick. Sounds like you had a fun week end, that's great:)

Anonymous said...

Feel better!! Stupid doctors.

The city makes me happy, love being in there. I love that German place too. Haven't been in years and I can't even remember if it was anything more than drinks! Glad you had a good weekend, sounds like fun! And yeah, I laughed when I got on a train in Sydney too and England's trains aren't even as good as the ones across Europe.

Sharryn Thomson said...

How cool..showing a relative from overseas around the city..especially one that sounds like so much fun!
I LOVE Kellie's kits so far of what I've seen of them and the Mocha Latte kit is just divine.
The LO you've done with it looks great.
Cheers
Sharryn :)