Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time just flies...

well, it was our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday... time has just FLOWN by.

AND to really drive that home, my neice Kayla turned 11 on Friday!!! I went shopping for her birthday present and realised I was no longer looking in the kids section for stuff to buy her! I was only 14 when she was born.. i remember sitting in my year 9 science class the next day telling everyone about my new niece just like it was yesterday!!! I was pretty proud cos I was one of the first to have a neice or nephew ;)

ANYWAY so yeah it was our wedding anniversary yesterday. We spent the weekend in Sydney, stayed in some apartments not far from Town Hall.
On Friday we went to see the Merrick and Rosso live show - The unprofessionals. That was funny :) We went to a Spanish place for tapas afterwards, then a bar for a few drinks.

Saturday we were up bright and early, had breakfast at a cafe then went shopping!!We had to buy warm clothes seeing as I only packed Summer clothes and the weather decided to turn wintery again... also bought some odds and ends to take to Rome when we go in December... saw Talledago nights which was hilarious. Then we went to a German restaurant for dinner and ended up leaving there thinking I was about to pop!! seriously I was full from the entree.. it was main meal size!! and the main was double size.. I ordered chick schnitzel (with cheese and leg ham on top! yum) and got TWO big portions that took up the whole plate. I squeezed one in, but the 2nd was left pretty much untouched. It was sooooo delicious though!!!

On Sunday we met up with a friend at a cafe for a alte breakfast and then we headed home :)
Back to washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning and vacuuming! I was actually glad to get back to work because I was exhausted! LOL well, maybe not *glad* to be back at work...

ANyway I scrapped! Finally got to use Lauren and Amy's Harvest Trail kit from the Sweet Shoppe
Onlsow just *loves* barrelling through the crunchy leaves!! LOL


There is a Bernese Mountain Dog picnic day coming up shortly in Sydney. Im so looking fwd to going.. Belle and Onslow havent seen any of their "own kind" since we took them home. They see lots of their friends Lotte the Old English Sheepdog, and Jack the rottweiller, as well as a few passing strangers in the dog park at windsor LOL. Should be a fun day :)

well take care everyone.. hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to read you have been having some fun. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Great layout, I love those colours. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren Grier said...

Am I horrible and totally missed you mentioning you were doing all that fun for your anniversary????

Geesh.. lol sorry babe!! Happy Anniversary :D It does fly by, I can't believe *we* have been married for 2 years either.

I think it's about time you start making babies..



hheheheheheheheheh
Love ya ;)

Simple Digital Girl said...

Happy Anniversary a day late and a dollar short!

Wonderful layout, I hope you had a wonderful day!

Peta said...

Happy Anniversary hun!! Sounds like you had an awesome trip and have to so jealous on the Merrick and Rosso show - now that would be fun - LOVE those guys LOL!

deirdre said...

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY LISA!!!!!
Sounds like you had a fab weekend in Sydney, everything you did sounds cool, especially the M&R show.