Friday, January 05, 2007

Henna Head

I first heard about using Henna to colour hair about 4 years ago and was doing it every 6 or 8 weeks for about 2 years running. My hair had nice shiny red highlights and was so soft and silky :)

I got lazy because it is an all-day production and pretty messy so I stopped.
Until yesterday when I just sick of my fuzzy hair!

Anyway its pretty fun and really good for your hair. Dont try it on light hair or grey hair though... unless you want it to turn bright orange!! It works best on dark hair. Oh and you cant use it on hair which has been coloured cos it apparently has some pretty weird reactions!

The thing I love is that you can add so much stuff to it to get different colours.
Yesterday I used red Henna powder, added a very VERY generous amount of Paprika (makes it go redder), I infused a teabag with the water before adding it (I think thats for a golden highlight?) and a dash of olive oil for a conditioning treatment. I slapped it on my freshly shampooed (but NOT conditioned) hair. Wrapped my head in plastic and washed it out 6 hours later. This stuff can be left on for 24 hours if you want.
This is the result:


this one went a bit orange!
I got the best dark red colour when I added red wine to the mix, but I cant stand the thought of "wasting" a good glass of red!! LOL

Anyway what else have I been up to?

We had a quiet new year as we just landed in the country on the 30th. Stayed home and wated the crackers on TV LOL
Then it was my birthday on the 2nd, which was spent at the 5th ashes test in Sydney. For someone who isnt all that interested in cricket, the day went by sooo fast! I actually enjoyed it :) Except I could hear the ball get hit, but never saw WHERE it went, so I would look to the left, and someone was catching it over to the right LOL I think I missed all 4 wickets on the day!

Got some great bday presents. Travis got me 2 External hard Drives, so I have spent the past 2 days copying all my backed up kits on DVD to the EHD, extracting, sorting, renaming, organising previews.. but its going to make looking for things so much easier!

I was at the shops at 7:00 doing my grocery shopping today, went to the butcher and remembered to take the bag with me this time! LOL Last time I had the trolley at the butcher, I paid for all my meat (4 weeks worth of lamb, pork, veal and sausages!) andtook off. Got home, unpacked the groceries, realised there was no meat so I had to ring up the butcher to see if it was still there!! hahaha They had put it in the fridge for me :)

Anyway I cleaned up the house, packed away the Christmas decorations and rearraged all the stuff on the cupboards, cleaned the house and now im going to scrap :)

Here are a few recent layouts I have done since coming back...
Credits for each can be found HERE



And this is my first layout for the Amazing Digiscrapping Race



OMG I am in the computer room, the dogs are asleep in the dining area, about 6m away from me. In amongst the snoring, I hear a loud fart and chuckle to myself cos that always makes me laugh... Before I had these two, I had never heard dogs make farting noises.
Anyway about a minute later it has wafted into the computer room and is seriously making me gag. UGH its PUTRID... gotta go get the air freshener... bye bye!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok, so I am SO intrigued about the Henna color!! Looks great, btw! Gorgeous Berners'!!

deirdre said...

PMLOL at the dogs farting!!!!!!!!!

Peta said...

ROFL you had me grinning all the way through this post Lisa!! I love the new do have never really heard of all that before! Interesting mix of things to colour your hair with. I'm not able to do that though seeing as I have LOTS of greys, haven't stoped dyeing my hair since I was 15 and although my natural colour use to be dark I'm not a blonde! [and it's not true blonde's don't have more fun ROFL]....

The new layouts look awesome!! Good luck on the race!!!

and HAHA about the doggie farts!! My friends dog does some rippers, you don't hear them though - he's slient and deadly!!