Monday, June 18, 2007

Branded!

At least thats how I feel.. LOL Like a cow thats been branded with a red hot iron stick thing :)



And this is Travs:




And I have my 2nd one all planned, I took it in with me to check that it was do-able. So after this heals I will go and book it in. Although it may have to wait until after we get back from our trip.. I dont want to have a healing tattoo while we are overseas. So thanks SM :) I saved up all my recent cheques and it was enough to cover both of these and I have just enough spare to get my 2nd one!! woo hoo!

Apart from that, not much has been happening. At work on Friday I dozed off at lunch (we have comfy lounges and a TV in the lunchroom.. I always fall asleep!) And I woke up feeling so off. My throat and/or ear was sore.. I couldnt tell which one. ANyway I just got over a bout of the flu and I hate it when people come to work sick.. I take days off to get better, come back and everyone is coughing and spluttering all over me.

So I did nothing on Friday night, except scrap... wrapped up in a blanket, listening to the footy on Tv and scrapping away.

Saturday I woke up feeling sick.. all achey, sore ear/throat and one eye was really sore and itchy. Anyway we did grocery shopping, then came home and did some housework. At about 12:30pm I sat down on the lounge with some soup and the dogs. Onlsow curled up in my lap and went to sleep, I thought that looked like a good idea, curled up around him and fell asleep in 2 seconds. Travis had to come in and wake me up at 5:00pm!!! I was out like a light for 4.5 hours straight... Onlsow had gotten up, went outside, came ben an hour later and curled up with me again and I didnt even notice. I was feeling a bit better, took some cold and flu tablets, rugged up in a billion layers of clothes and went to the footy. Came home, watched The Departed and then went to sleep.

And I woke up on Sunday feeling perfectly fine!

So I cooked up a storm. 2 lots of stir fry vegies with U-don noodles for lunches at work, home made gnocchi and a very tasty sauce for dinner and a double batch of pumpkin scones. I was doing all three at once, and whacked the scones in, checked on them 15 minutes later.. and they were stone cold. The oven was on, it had been pre-heating for a good 20 minutes while I made the scones, and nothing. I could touch all the racks and they were barely warm. SO looks like the oven has carked it!! So I put the scones in the microwave and they are rock hard!! LOL They still taste delicious though.

well thats all from me.... catch ya later :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yours is really pretty lisa! Travis's well not so much "pretty" as he's a man and was prolly not going for the girlie look ahaha. I'm glad you're feeling better, but what is a footy? hahah


ps. the departed, good choice ;)

Katrina said...

What a pretty tat! That sucks you were sick, glad your feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Wow your both so brave. I'd never be able to get a tat.

I do like yours Lisa. It looks somewhat like a scrapbooking design :)

Hope your having a great week and keeping well and warm.

Bye for now from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx and also at Strictly Scrapbooking.

Peta said...

Ohh fucky!!! Love the tat's!!