Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday at last!!!

Wow what a week this has been! I have been run off my feet at work; it’s just been so crazy. So many people complaining about dirty food shops, noisy air conditioners, overgrown properties, water running from the gutter, noisy roosters…. The list just goes on. At least it has made the days go by quickly though.

So here are the photos from the 20th, 21st and 22nd. Todays are still on the camera and I cant be bothered getting up, getting the card reader, picking one and fiddling with it. LOL

It’s getting towards the end of the school holidays, and already the traffic is starting to increase. I took this photo with my mobile phone when I was stuck in traffic on the way home. *sigh* I love school holiday periods. The thought of going back to spending 70 minutes on the road to come home is not appealing.

I have no idea how this dragonfly ended up in our living room at 6:00am.Unfortunately it was very low light, and as had landed near the light switch, I didn’t want to disturb him in case he flew away, which is why the photo is a bit grainy.

And this was yesterday.

We woke up and Onslow was not using his left front leg. At all! And because his back legs / hips are still not as strong as they should be, he was really struggling to get up.

Anyway I had to go to work so I caught the train in, while Travis (who is able to work from home if he needs to) drove O to the vet.

Several X-rays later and it’s come to light that he also has severe arthritis in his front shoulders. And just like the leg, the left arm is the worst. She thinks that he just gave it a big knock and that’s why its all flared up.

While he was under, we also got her to remove the cyst which was between his toes. We got it checked out last year, and because it’s not cancerous or anything, they didn’t want to knock him out (again) just to remove it. You can’t really see the bandage in the photo, but when he stands up he looks like a pirate with a wooden leg!

Last year, for the first time ever, he made it through the entire 12 month period with no expensive vet bills, no surgeries, no x-rays and no issues. Let’s just hope this shoulder gets better and doesn’t go the same way as the hip and needs an operation….

Oh yesterday when I decided to train it in to work, Travis told me to get the 7:04 train which gets me to Strathfield at 7:45, and give me ample time to walk to work and be there before 8:00 (which is my starting time).

Anyway we pass Homebush and I pack my book away. I wonder why the train isn’t slowing down, and then I just watch as the train hoons past my station. So I sit back and wait. I had 5 more pages to read, but I didn’t want to get my book out again and look like an idiot. There were no other stops until Central. So I got off just after 8:00, got on another train and got to work at 8:30.

Fortunately the train trip home was uneventful. I think the morning was pay back for me not getting Travis from the station on Wednesday arvo.. he left his phone at work so he was unable to tell me which train he was on. And instead of just going and waiting at the station for him, I stayed home and continued preparing dinner.

Karma’s a bitch……

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, great photos!