Monday, January 05, 2009

one post!

LOL So I managed one post in the last 12 months! It's better than 0! :)

I have decided this year that I want to do that Project 365 and take a photo a day. It's already day 5 of 2009, but because I have been home over the Christmas Break, I actually have taken at least one pic a day for the year!

I will upload them all in order when I get home tonight.

In other news, I had a great break - almost 2 weeks off work with Travis, just bumming about the place. Shopping (<- a little tooooo much), watching the cricket, playing with the dogs, mountian biking, kayaking... it's such a struggle to be back at work today :(

Travis and I have entered into the kathmandu Adventure Race on Jan 17th and I can't wait! It will be a mixture of running, mountain bike riding and kayaking - hence the Kayaking practise at the regatta centre last week :)

Had a nice, quiet Christmas. Lunch at Travis' sisters place, then we went to my mum and dads place in the afternoon for way too many presents and a stack of yummy desserts.

New Years eve was also fairly quiet and we didn't go far afeild. We were home by 11:45 and I watched the fireworks on the TV.
In the week between Christmas and New Year people were letting off firecrackers a couple of streets away nearly every night and Belle freaked out more and more as the week went on. So we thought it would be better if we were home with her when the worst of them went off at midnight.

When she hears the first cracker, she tries to squeeze onto the lounge (usually on top of me), and she just sits frozen, eyes wide, looking at the ceiling and panting quickly. She's very trance-like and you can poke her, call her name, wave your hands in front of her head and theres just no reaction! She's the same with thunder, but the firecrackers are the worst. I think because they are so random with long gaps so she never knows if it's actually stopped or not.

Anyway today I'm back at work.. and I have the whole, entire week to get through *sigh* Today is already dragging and moving along soooo slowly. Lunch will take forever to get here, and that hour will just fly by in the space of seconds. Never mind... 4 more days and then the weeekend!!

No comments: