Tuesday, January 24, 2006

eww gross!

I get home around 5:15 each afternoon, I leave home at 6:05 to get Travis from the station. During this time at home by myself, I bring the dogs in, get changed, and start preparing dinner. So yesterday I did all that. It was hot hot hot and the dogs were inside sleeping on the slate under the fans with air conditioner going (yes, they are sooooo spoilt!!) Well, im in the kitchen preparing dinner, I hear Onslow get up and wander down the hallway. He prefers to sleep on the carpet in the lounge, so this was nothing out of the ordinary.

At 6:03 I grabbed my keys and phone and went to the lounge to get onslow up and locked in the dining room with Belle so they dont jump all over Travis when he gets home.

Well........ I wander into the lounge..... Onslow is laying near the front door....... Jessie (cat) is sleeping about 2 meters away from him. In between the 2 animals is "stuff" on the carpet. hmm... I thought... thats quite a large furball for jessie to do...
hang on... I didnt hear her cough it up...
hang on.... it looks funny.....
hang on... this STINKS like poo!!!!!!!!! Onslow had done a great big sloppy gastric on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not impressed!!!!!!!! They are house trained and *usually* very good with letting us know that they need to go to the poo patch outside!!

So then I was in a pickel.. do I just leave it and get Travis, or clean it up and leave travis waiting in the hot sun. (*note - Travis hates being hot, and he hates waiting!!!!) I opted for cleaning. well, partly.. because it was so sloppy it couldnt be picked up easily. I drowned it all in carpet cleaner (mm lavender and has a deodoriser in it!) and got Travis (who didnt have to wait cos his train was late anyway) and then finished it off when I got home.

Funny.. whenever I have to clean up accidents, whether the cat's furballs, or the dogs accidents, I get the same line: Get used to it.. good practise for when we have kids etc. And funny enough, Travis always sneaks off after saying it leaving me to clean it up myself!!! LOL ALthough I must admit he did help with this one though ;)

So.. that was my afternoon! Apart from that, we went scuba diving on Sunday (yay! havent been in a year so I was sooo happy to get back in the water). It was pretty unplanned though.. we drove to Mossman to look at buying the rest of our gear. We have half of the stuff required (LOL The cheapest bits!!) and the most important bits like the tank, the bit that holds you take to your back, things to breathe through and compass, computers etc we havent gotten yet due to the cost involved. But, hiring these isnt cheap either, and the gear is sometimes pretty old and crappy.

Anyway back to the point.... we sold travs car the other week, and as we dont need another we have spare cash *yay* so we went to look at buying this stuff. Well, we picked what we wanted but were told to come back so we can actually test it out in the water before buying (They are SUCH nice people... Plunge diving at Mossman if you want to get into it.. great shop!!)
It was a nice shallow dive (only 6m) and we saw a biiiig starfish, a couple of octpus, cuttle fish (I LOVE cuttle fish) puffer fish, and the usual normal fishies. ahhhh.. so relaxing on dives.

Our new camera has a water proof case for it available frmo canon so we are going to get one of those so we can take pics. And then I can post pics here so you can see what im talking about ;)

Anyway thats about all....... Thanks for reading down this far if you are still with me :) I didnt intend for it to be this long :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa Yukkkky, but I have been there, I have two great dogs, but once they had a little mishap, which I am pleased to say has not happened again.

Anyway Lisa, I hope this is alright but I have just got my links to work and I have put you onto my Blog.

Carole.