Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Weekend wrap


Phew! Well.. what did we do..
Oh! saturday we went out for the lovely Kims birthday do! A day at Paddington Lawn Bowls Club!! LOL it was a great day! Lawn bowls is so much fun!!! I never realised how "trendy" it has become now.. not one member of the "blue rinse brigade" in site.. just lots of young trendy Eastern suburd-ites. We caught the train in (penrith to Paddignton is about an hours drive or just under.. couldnt be bothered LOL) and were home by about 8:30pm.. talk about party animals!!! hahhhaa

LOL Dh was concentrating soooo hard!! by the end of the day I was bowls queen! Battling it out with the best of them :) That is, once I actually figured out HOW to use the balls... I didnt quite get the concept of them being weighted, so they roll in an arc.. I was aiming in a straight line and really rolling them with so much force like it was a 10 pin bowling ball!!! hahahhhaa

hmm... I drank a mouldy tea that DH made for me... the cup came out of the dishwasher apparently and appeared clean to him... but when i drank it the cup was covered in mould!! noooooo!!!! hehehhee

What else? Cleaned the house on Sunday, did some washing, ironed about 3 weeks worth of ironing which was almost piled to the ROOF!!! And then relaxed and scrapped :)
I did this while watching the cricket on Sunday afternoon:


Pic was taken in 2004 at a friends wedding, and it is of DH and Kim, the one who had the bowls birthday. I love the bright happy colours in the kit, which is by Dana Robinson :)

OH and yesterday (monday) whilst not technically part of the weekend it will be included.. DH surprised me by buying me a new camera!! I had told him I wanted it and he bought it o the sly ;) So sweet!!! :) I havent taken any proper shots yet.. just been fiddling with all tyhe bits and pieces :) I will post some when i get some!! I have finally discovered HOW to actually post things!!! ahhhhaha

Well, gotta pick DH up from the station in 10 minutes so i better get off here and get started on some dinner!! LOL

1 comment:

Steph said...

What an awesome birthday party...Lawn bowls! Never would have thought of that! Love your layout - so bright and happy! :o) And thanks for the tag too!