Thursday, March 23, 2006

Happy Birthday pups :)

It was Belle and Onslows first birthday yesterday and we had a lil celebration:




hehehe They had their party hats on, and we cooked them a delicious dinner of "bangers and mash" ie sausages on top of mashed potatoe. It went down a treat, and they both hoovered it all up in 2 seconds flat!!! Even old jessie got to have some sausage treats :) I was exhausted from my day and was falling asleep by 8:00pm... had a huge headache and was so tired, but I still managed to light 2 candles on a white chocolate mudcake (the cake was for Travis and I) and the dogs had a piece of bread with Jam each.. well.. Belle licked her jam and Onslow stole the bread cos she was being too slow for his liking :)

Anyway...yesterday.. what a day!!!!! I got an email to say I was on another CT!! This time for Faith True. I certainly wasnt expecting that.. now thats 3 that I am on... and no more applying no matter how great the designer is!! LOL I think 3 will be my limit :)



Then at work we had a Public Health Unit meeting, where all the COuncils in the area meet up with the guys from the public health unit and they usually organise a workshop / outing somewhere. Yesterday they focused on the funeral industry, and we went to Sydney uni for a tour of their "disecting museum" as well as looking at how they handle bodies etc. They basically receieve the bodies which have been donated to science.

***WARNING stop reading here if you have a weak stomach!!****


Anyway, so the bodies HAVE to have died from natural causes, not disease / tumors etc.. they embalm / preserve the body (a 12 month process) then after that the students start disecting then and identify bits and pieces.

The best disections end up in a jar in their museam... and its not just walking around looking at a heart, or a kidney, or a lung.. they have hands, feet, WHOLE HEADS (that freaked me out JUST a little!!!! LOL) and there was a section where they had foetuses, stillborn babies, a 2 headed baby... That was sad seeing such tiny, obvisouly new-born babies in the cabinet.. but there was an 11 week old foetus still completely in the sack with the umbilical cord attached.. amazing to see....

All the bits are partially disected, some so much you cant tell what it is, others just a tiny square so you can still see the entire face and recognise it.

The MOST fascinating thing, was that some of these had been done in 1912!!!!! I was amazed taht they were still so "fresh" looking!!! anyway that whole episode just made me feel weird.. not sick or anything, i was fascinated by it all, but at first I was a bit freaked out to be seeing such real bits of people.

And i wont go into the "band-saw" room, just thinking of that makes me sick!!! Anyway thats enough.. hope I havent grossed everyone out, and if you are still reading I applaud you!!!!!

I thought I would have had nightmares of walking past a jar and seeing eyes move and follow me... I just dreamt of snakes and bears chasing me off a cliff. LOL

I cant think of anymore to write.... I woke up with the same headache again... I took some sudafed and its starting to feel better, ever so slightly!! LOL I feel like going home already.. :)

5 comments:

Peta said...

Awww how cute are those photos!!! Love 'em Lisa!!

and I think I'll not go see the disecting museum... just to *shudder* for me - although it would be fascinating to see ... LOL

Anonymous said...

First things First happy birthday to Belle and Onslow, they look so gorgeous with their hats on, you'll have fun scrapping those two darlings.

OMGoodness !! That is just extreme, I am really not saw how I would be in a place like a disecting museum, I do think the little babies would be a bit distressing for me, but I suppose they need to do these things.

Another CT good on you, I love your work with the digi, just gorgeous, I am really pleased for you Lisa, you are going to be so busy. Enjoy.

Have a lovely day Lisa.

Carole:)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the pups!!

And congrats on the CT position :)

Chris said...

Happy Birthday puppies!!!!

What a place to visit Lisa...my kinda thing and yep a little freaky and a little sad as well but gosh what an interesting place!

Chris said...

Oh and one more thing congrats on the CT position! WTG!!!