Friday, May 26, 2006

'Bout time!

Yeah I've been quite lazy with my blogging.. I haven't really been on the internet much at home, which is my excuse ;) LOL I have also been busy scrapping away, but I dont have much to show for that!! LOL I entered a competition to be a CT memeber for Kim Hill, and I LOVE the challenges she has set, but they are so challenging!! hahah.
For the first round we had 6 art pieces to pick from to inspire our layout. I loved Leonardo DaVinci's "La Scapigliata" and created this:


BG paper, dragonflies (recoloured) and frame (altered) by Kim Hill from the Bursts of Color kit; Grungey overlay by Faith True from the gRungE line; swirly stamp and hearts by Lauren Grier from the Punky Mom kit. Font used is Anke Calligraphic FC


yay that got me thru to the 2nd round, which is Kims pizza challenge! SO much fun.. she lists pizza toppings and we had to create our pizzas.. when we sent through our order, we got a list of supplies to use. Silly me picked a thin crust pizza which means I have to create a layout using at least 2 different patterend paper (NO SOLIDS!!!). I have had so much trouble cos I love my solid papers!! LOL Took me 2 nights to get 2 papers which matched with the pic and wasnt too overpowering.. now im having trouble incorporating my required elements and trying to make it not so cluttered! ARGH!! Each day I get closer!! LOL Its fun, and I really love how its looking without the solids, so I'm quite pleased that I learnt that I dont *need* to use solid papers on each layout :) So thats what I have been up to scrapping wise, and thats why my gallery has come to a grinding halt!! LOL

In other news I went on a wonderful scrap-shopping spree, bought some new kits and other bits, but have to share these:
How great are these!!! They are by Jeanelle Paige and they look soooooo good on layouts!! LOL You can get them here at Sweet digi creations for only $3.50 :)


And thats about all really.. work has been really really busy! We are starting our annual inspections of the boarding houses (old houses which are used as places of shared / cheap accomodation). Some of them are really good, and almost like a hotel / hostel style... others are just soooo dodgy, things falling apart, not maintained, no pest control, and generally no care.. Really makes you appreciate all you have in life and how tough some people are doing it. I go home to a nice house, have a full-time job, a loving husband and loving family, pleanty of food in the cupboards, heating... etc etc. These places are so cold, no heaters, broken windows letting in the freezing winter night air, cockroach infestations.. its quite sad to go through their rooms and see all their life's belongings take up just one corner of the room.. when I cant even fit all our stuff in a 3-bedroom house!!

hmm.. well it is mufti day at work today (last friday of every month) so im in jeans, sneakers and a nice, woolie jumper :) I have a few inspections lined up and i feel weird doing "official" duties like inspections etc in jeans and sneakers.. but I dont care too much! LOL Much more comfy this way ;)

I've got some weird sinus things going on with my nose.. hasn't really been normal in a couple of months.. all kinda blocked and clogged.. gets almost near better one week, then i wake up like this morning, and its all blocked and i have blood on the tissue when I blow my nose, and im sitting here at work and the inside of my nose is all itchy!! very annoying.. Maybe I should get it checked out.. im not sick or have a cold or flu or anything.. just a dodgy nose! LOL Anyone got any remedies for me???!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Gorgeous LO--the competition sounds like tons of FUN!

Retta said...

WOW! Your LO is a stunner! I love everything about it and the heart swirl thingy reminds me of a crown or veil. WTG!

Chris said...

What a gorgez LO Lisa. The comp sounds like oodles of fun....and what happened to NOT goingon any more CT's.....lol.

BTW the sinus stuff I have suffered with for most of my life my suggestion is pop into your chemist and speak to them about it as they will be able to help and they may suggest what I am about to suggest but sometimes if meds don't work from the chemist once taken for a few days then you may have a sinus infection which means a trip to your doctor to have that sorted out Lisa. let's hope it ease's up for you soon.

BTW can't wait to see the 'pizza' LO.....hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, love your layout, it is just so gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous, the colours are unreal, but I love the design, especially to the right of you piccie.

Those brads look real, like I could touch them, have a great week.

Carole:)