Sunday, June 04, 2006

The recovery

Well we got to take onslow home on friday night as he recovered in "leaps and bounds" throughout the day. It was just the anesthetic from Jessie that knocked him out, and the toxicity also gave him the little seizures the vet could see. When I got home he was alert and awake and able to move his head.. by the time he got to the vet he was completely out of it and they had to really shake him to get a reaction.
Now we just need to give him antibiotics and hope he doesnt pick up some nasty virus or other kind of illness. Silly boy!
Belle was VERY VERY happy to see him







LOL Why these have suddenly flipped to the side is beyond me.. the file that I upload is normal.. once its up here it turns around... *shrug*

So thats the update :) Poor boy though can't have any of his anti-inflamatorys for his hip dysplacia though. Apparently his ordeal put a huge strain on his vital organs, and these tablets affect kidneys and liver, so he will be in a bit of pain from that for about a week. We can already notice that he is walking a lot more stiffer and struggling a bit to get up. BUT its a small parice to pay! Apparently if we would have left him for a few hours and not found him then his body would have shut down because the anesthetic they use to euthanase animals is an old fashioned one which is really strong and not like the normal one they use for operations.

If we would have known something like that could happen we probably wouldnt have put Jessie in the yard in the first place!! Onlsow gets the award for being the first patient of that nature to be admitted to the vet!! LOL

Thanks for all your comments!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Onslow is home and safe Lisa! What a terrible ordeal for you all to have to go through.

Kylie said...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LISAAAA!

I haven't forgotten you exist, just havent done my full blog round for a while! I'm sad over my little puppy tonight, so didn't really read your entry, but skimming got the gist of it - so I hope he is okay!!!

I will pop over and read soon! And comment on your previous posts! Sorry I've been a bad blogger!!

xx

kate said...

Great to hear he's OK.

Chris said...

Lisa I am so glad to hear Onslow is home and is now safe. Tis good news.