Monday, June 19, 2006

sleepy monday...

ah the joys of living so far away from the rest of the world... I set my alarm to go off at 2am just to watch the socceroos get beaten by Brazil :) Was a good game though, the Aussies played ok, but Brazil.. well they arent number 1 for nothing!! Bring on Friday!!! At least this game is on at 5am... just means that I will be leaving for work later cos no way am I missing the last half hour of that game!! LOL

Anyway.. I have been forcing layouts lately cos I havent had that spark.. until saturday night where I did 3 in 3 hours, and they just got better and better (If I may say so myself!!)




1: WHAT'S on the menu credits: Read all over - Faith Trues contribution to the ABC Benefit kit at the daily scrap.

2: THE final goodbye credits:
Cool linen by Faith True and the font is Pea Johanna Script.

3: BELLE at the River credits: Kit used is Shabby Style Neely Purple by Victoria Stegall (
FREE from Oscraps). Jewels are by Jeanelle Paige, stitching by Kim Hill and the doodle by me.

We went scuba diving on Saturday so that might be where these layouts came from :) I always seem to be creative after a dive.. must be something about the relaxing atmosphere underwater, the variety of colours and shapes.. I was paying lots of attention to the "boring" things like sea sponges and plant life, rather than the interesting things like fish, starfish, cuttlefish etc.. although there was one funny cuttle fish.. they were hiding under leaves and I couldnt see them and nearly squished one! His friend started getting all aggressive and changing colours and getting all up in arms. LOL I love how cuttle fish just start flashing and changing colour.. they look like a real life cartoon! LOL The water was freezing.. well about 16 Degrees (celcius) whcih wasnt too bad.. but after 60 minutes of being underwater I was starting to freeze! LOL

And that was basically my weekend. Did the cleaning, cooked some meals in advance for the week, bought some new stockings, did the fruit and vegie shopping and basically spent the day whinging as I was just generally feeling off yesterday.. had a headache which didnt go no matter how many panadols and cold and flu tablets I took, and my throat was feeling a bit sore too... Feeling much much better this morning though, albeit a little tired..

Better get back to work! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these layouts are excellent Lisa. Your so clever. I love seeing your creations.

Glad you had fun on your dive. I hope your not getting a cold, take care and keep warm.

Have a great week :)

Chris said...

The LO's are just adorable Lisa well done. Glad you had fun diving. LOL with getting up too watch the soccer match as well.