Monday, November 13, 2006

So busy!!!

wow I have actually had a life that DOESNT involve being on the computer!
Well, partly.

Last Tuesday we went to see PEARL JAM at the Acer Arena in Sydney. I was sooooooo excited. On tuesday night we had fairly ordinary seats.. all the way at the back up the top and the band was just a moving dot LOL BUT they played an awesome set of songs.. all my favourites one after the other. I dont go to concerts thinking oooh they HAVE to play such and such or I will be disappointed, but there was one I was dying to hear live that they didnt play in 2003 when we saw them. and I was so happy that they played it, on BOTH nights too!!

Anyway on Wednesday night, we were back there and we had FRONT ROW seats!!! I felt sooooo special when we got these special wrist bands :) It was all seated so they made sure that the people in the front row had the front row, and people in the 2nd row didnt jump over the chairs. There were a few people trying to, cos every 10 minutes a big security guard would charge behind us pushing them back into row 2 :P

Anyway I got some fantastic shots!!! I created this from my favourite snaps and its proudly displayed in the lounge room :)


Pretty cool!!!!

hmm what else??
Oh yeah we also went and saw U2 on Friday night :) I must admit I wasnt all that excited about this concert... I think becuase I like Pearl Jam better and was soooooo excited to them, and then even more excited with the front row-ness of the 2nd concert.. that it almost felt like U2 would be a let-down. Strange, I know ;) And of course it WASNT a let down! It was another awesome concert... fantastic lighting effects, a ginormous big screen and they played a great mix of songs.
Got pics of that too, but not on the computer yet :)

I got my overtime in my pay this week and I have more than enough for a wacom graphic tablet!! woo hoo. So i just ordered it and can NOT wait for it to arrive :) I went with the Graphire4, a 6x8 size :) I was going to spend the money when we go overseas, but the overtime was unexpected so I thought well, why not buy something unexpected to match?! I have wanted a tablet since I started scrapping almost one year ago so its high time I treated myself!!

I was originally going to save up my cheques from my published layouts, but as soon as i get them, I think well... its only $20 and go and buy $20 worth of scrap products! I think I have spent my next 3 cheques that I havent even received yet :P

Anyway I also got a couple of layouts done over the weekend :)
But blogger is being stubborn and wont let me upload.. which is a shame cos one of them is just hilarious!!! :P I scrapped myself acting like an idiot... again. hahahha

Oh well... will try again tomorrow!

byeeeeeeeee

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Lisa you have been busy attending all these awesome concerts and front row seats as well with one of them WTG. The photos look awesome so I could just imagine the concert in full. Well done on the graphics tablet you wont know yourself when you get it. I love mine which is the same as you are getting and it is just second nature using it now....unlike when I first got it......lol

Good on you for spending a little on yourself as well....we all need to do that even in advance with the cheques we haven't recieved yet!!...hahahaha

Peta said...

OHH those photos ROCK Lisa - so jealous hehe :) Pearl Jam and U2!!! WOW.

Can't wait to see what you get up to with the tablet - I so wanted one this time last year and you know what - I got one for christmas and haven't used it at all - EPP. I need a new desk to fit it on PMSL - so that's on my christmas list this year :)