Friday, April 20, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to Travis :) Hope you have a great day... and don't stuff yourself full of caramel mud cake at work! LOL

Here is the birthday boy with the injured boy before leaving for work this morning:



What a day! At least I got the day off work though ;)
Anyway lets start at Monday... I get home from work and Onslow was limping about and being all sad. Certainly not the boisterous dog he normally is. So I gave a few extra painkillers for his hip hoping he had just been playing rough with Belle and jarred his leg or something.

Well Tuesday came around and he was walking fairly normal, a little stiff but nothing to worry about. Wednesday saw even more improvement.

Anyway so I come home on Thursday, run out the back to do my exercise (30 minutes of skipping before picking Travis up) didn't really pay much attention to the dogs and Onslow spent the whole time laying down. When I finished skipping I called them in and thats when I noticed Onslow really couldn't walk. He wasn't putting any weight at all on his left back leg. about 18 months ago found out he had hip dysplasia in BOTH hips (He was only 10 months old at the time). Anyway the left was really bad, the right only partially.. My immediate reaction was "oh here we go.. the left hips finally gone"

he was no better this morning and I left bright and early to take him to the vet. At the moment I'm just waiting on the x-ray results. Its either a sprain / injury (unlikely i think), his hip has degenerated and needs injections and / or surgery, OR he has snapped a cruciate ligament in his knee! Which is apparently very common in Mountain dogs. Go Figure!! Anyway I was kind of hoping he would stay overnight because we are going into the City tonight to catch a German movie at 6:45pm. As it is now, at 4:00pm I have to run to Vineyard (45 minutes from home) pick up Onslow, chat to the vet about the x ray results and where we are headed, do the 45 minute (maybe more with traffic) dash back home, drop Onslow inside, and then try and get into the city (about 50 minutes with a good run!) before the movie starts! Its going to be tight :)

Well my free paper and alphabet appeared in the new Scrapbooking memories magazine! LOL It looks so funny to see my design in real life on paper, and even funnier to see the great layouts that the design team made with it :)

I am really loving rectangle layouts at the moment...


All the above layouts are in my gallery if you wanna check out credits :)
{click here for my gallery}

And this is one I did with the photo I restored for Travis' mum :) This is Travis' Aunt who passed away at an early age (in her 30's I believe). The title was all Travis' idea :)



CREDITS: I *think* the papers are from Meredith Fenwick... The Quirky paper pack I think; Gerbera - Possum; Curled frame - Nancy Comelab; Painted Frame - Jen Wilson; Painted flower - Helena Jole; Alpha - Meredith Fenwick; stitching - Lauren Grier

Well I took Belle for a 45 minute walk. It was so funny to take her on a walk by herself. usually she *insists* on being in front and zooms off at a billion miles an hour.. but because she didnt have Onlsow and Travis to race today she took her time and stopped every 2 meters to have a good sniff in the grass!! LOL I wore her out and now shes sound asleep instead of wandering around like a lost soul looking for Onslow :) I came back home and did my high impact aerobics and im exhausted now! I think I need a nanna nap before going back to the vet! LOL

No comments: