Monday, May 21, 2007

Bits and Pieces

:holiday stuff:

well in almost 4 months Travis and I will be heading to Europe. I can NOT wait. To start, 2 nights in Bangkok, then first stop Germany, namely Munich for Oktoberfest!!! Then moving on to Berlin, Cologne, Brussells, Paris, Lyon, Another french town I have forgotten, then moving on to Switzerland and heading back to Munich before flying home. We have booked accomodation for Berlin, Cologne, Brussels and Paris already so we're all fairly organised.

We will be spending our third wedding anniversary in Munich at the end of the trip, so we might need to splurge and get something fancy and upmarket!!


:onslow update:

Well its been about 3 weeks since his surgery and he is obviously feeling heaps better. He has figured out how to push through any kind of barricade we put up and likes to run around the place. I think he's finally starting to go crazy after spending 4 weeks cooped up inside the house all day and night, except for about 10 minutes worth of toilet breaks a day. And the worst part.. we still have FIVE weeks of this to go through!! Because he has such bad hips, the vet wants us to really wrap him in cotton wool for 8 weeks so the knee can heal as best it can. But she was very happy with how his knee joint is coming along, and said its healing really well.

On another good-news note, he has lost 7 kilos and is down to 50.5kg now!!! his first goal weight was 52, now we have to get him in the mid 40's. The skinnier he is the better for all his dodgy joints.


:work stuff:

I had to do a presentation at a private school last week about the role of Health Inspectors.. and I was Podcast-ed!! LOL I found it hilarious. I was also informed that each student has their own laptops issued by the school, wireless internet and all other kinds of spify things. wow... considering at my high school we barely had enough text books for one-between-two, I was just in awe! But the presenatation went well, the kids were all very well behaved. I included some of the worst pics I have of dirty food shops, including one of a big rat peering out from a hole in someone's store room. Im proud of that shot.. I "hid" crouched down silently for about 10 minutes just waiting for him to appear cos I knew he was there... and I got a pic of his little face popping out of the hole :)

I also had my first case go to the land and environment court on friday! I received a complaint way back in April 2005. After nearly $2,000 in fines and several orders being served there was still no action being taken, so we took 'em to court :) That was a bit exciting for me!


:scrapping stuff:

Just a reminder to head over to Pickleberry pop and pick up some of Deb Fishers goodies. For those who havent heard, she tragically lost her husband, Ray, in a tractor accident. She lives in rural Vic (or is it NSW?) with 7 kids, 6 of whom she homeschools. For the entire month of May every cent that people spend on Deb's products will go to her beautiful family.. so far there is over $4,000 raised!!!

I've been too busy to scrap lately and I really havent missed it. If I have a spare few hours I have been veging on the lounge or playing with the dogs or just hanging around annoying Travis with random stories and observations. I did have to pull my finger out on Saturday night and get some stuff scrapped for my CT committments. I also have some stuff to do for my in-laws by the end of the week.. but they are just going to be super simple.. a few photos on a pretty background with some fancy brush work or frames or something. No biggie.

Here are some layouts of our Italy trip last year.. still got about 800 photos to scrap! LOL Better get that sorted before we take another billion photos in September!!



I was intending on manually editting these photos to make the colours POP but really couldnt be bothered LOL. Maybe I will before I print them...but then again maybe not! Travis hates when I make them B&W or alter the levels / curves and get the "artistic" effects.. but I find them boring just left normal LOL


:healthy stuff:

My new eating and exercise habits seem to be paying off, I have lost a few centimeters from my waist, hips and thighs, and in the process I have lost nearly 2 kg! Considering I only had about 4 kilos that I wanted to loose (6 that I HOPE to loose) im actually quite amazed that its only taken 5 weeks to achieve half of my first goal! Im sure the next 2 - 4 kilos will take forever though!

I eat breakfast when I get in to work, boring all bran topped with a banana , then for morning tea a low fat muffin or for this week - a slice of low fat sticky date cake made from scratch by me and its so yum!!! For lunch I have vegetable stirfry with Hokkien noodles or pasta or salad with tuna and beans, then some fruit to see me through the afternoon. For dinner I generally just do some vegetables with beans (chick peas.. I cant get enough of them!) or some couscous, or some brown rice... something easy! Oh and lots of water. I try to drink between 1.5 - 2lt of water a day.

On saturday I made gnocci from scratch and it was so delicious! (for two people - 500g of potato, boiled, mashed and cooled mixed with 1 cup of plain flour.. kneed into a dough, roll into a thin sausage, cut in to 2cm strips and roll with a fork. Boil for only a couple of minutes and its done!)

I have been exercising every day (mostly). During the week I mix it up between high impact aerobics, kick boxing or a 30 skip in the back yard (I need music pumping for this.. it's a killer!), and on the weekends Trav and I go for a couple of nice, long bike rides. The other week we did 30kms in only 90 minutes. yay for us! I really enjoy my kickboxing and aerobics.. I come home from work and get stuck into it straight away and it gets rid of any tension or stress or annoyances from work and the traffic on the way home LOL

:wrapping it up:

Well, this has become a bit of a novel hasn't it?! Enjoy your week, take it easy and catch ya later!

No comments: