Monday, May 28, 2007

Random Randomness and Stuff

wow, my last post was post 100. What an exciting entry for y 100th post LOL

So im off work for the next 2 days with a headcold. Nothing major just some sniffles but if the doctor offers me 2 days off work, well, who am I to argue with him? Besides, I have almost 300 hours of sick leave up my sleeve ;)

so anyway.. lets start with another vet update seeing as that seems to be the main event every weekend...

And lets start the vet update with a story about a cow that we encountered in the waiting room.

So.. There was Trav and I with Belle and Onslow, and another man with his Labrador in the waiting room, all 3 of us sitting together, and all 3 dogs playing together nicely.

In walks this lady with 2 very poofy poodles. You know, the weird looking, big poodles with the poofy hair looking all prissy and silly with fluffy tails and ridiculous hair do's? (I can tolerate the cute, little poodles, or big ones with natural hair... I HATE the big ones done up like big poofs!)

Anyway she also looked like a poodle, all prissy, and dressed to the nine's and left her sunnies on inside. She is waiting for the receptionist who is serving someone else. So she walks in, looks at us and the 3 dogs laying together, grabs her precious poodles close and scowls. The lab is very friendly and wanted to greet the poodles, so the guy stands up with it. Conversation goes like this:

Lady: Do you need to go down the hall or something?
Man: oh no thanks, It's just that this one {pointing to dog} just wants to say hello to your 2 dogs.
Lady: Oh {glaring at the Lab and pulling her poofs in closer}

And that was it.. end of conversation. The man then sits down, probably thinking the same thing I was thinking!

Finally the receptionist looks at her their conversation goes like this:

Receptionist: You can just take a seat, the vet wont be too long.
Lady: {surveying the room with distaste} Oh.. so I have to wait?
Receptionist: Yes, he won't be too long.
Lady: Well, how long??
Receptionist: um.. well I really can't say, but there are about 5 people in front of you.
Lady: {scowling and glaring} Tsk! Oh, well I'm going to wait outside then.
Receptionist: Yeah, no worries, I'll come out and get you.
And then the lady spins on her heels, pointy nose in the air and takes off.

What a cow!!!! When we left, we saw her still sitting in her car with them LOL. There is only one vet on Saturdays, and this week was Rob Zammit and regardless of when you make the appointment, you always need to wait cos EVERYONE comes in to see Rob!

So, anyway, Onslow is allowed outside during the day now so we will swap.. Belle can be cooped up inside and Onslow can have the yard. We were told it's for his "mental and physical benefit" LOL He is also starting his "rehab walks" which is a 10 minute, slow stroll every 2 days. Then next week its 15 minutes. And in 2 weeks time both of them will be allowed to stay outside together! woohoo for that :)

Onslow discovered the comfort of a beanbag yesterday:



I should have thought to close the door to the spare rooms... look at the lovely ironing board and printer LOL Oh well, nothing a bit of editting cant fix up! And just cause I think this is the cutest pic, here's one more :)



LOL I realised the other day, if these were real kids, Belle would have such a complex.. I have way more photos of Onslow than I do of her! But then again, if she wasn't so ADD and was able to sit still there would be more photos of her. Most of the indoor portrait ones are blurry cos she won't keep still, and the ones outside, well she moves so fast and so often its usually half of her head, or her bum :)

I did do a layout of Belle yesterday though:



I used Sweet Sugar Pop - A new 2 Scoops by Lauren Grier and Fee Jardine at the Sweet Shoppe. Paint is from Lauren's Full of Sweetness kit, also at the sweet shoppe.

So.. what else.. we went to dinner on saturday night for the in-law's 35th weddig anniversary. Travis' sister stole their wedding photos, and I worked some magic:


(papers by meredith Fenwick, ribbon by Faer Oak, chalked overlay by Lauren Bavin, bling alpha by Shannon Lee)

and I also blew up a colour portrait and printed it out at 8x10 and framed it as well. The layouts looked great in their frames side-by-side.

Ok well Im actually quite starving and pretty tired.. so I might go munch on a banana and have a nap :)

No comments: