Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Dress

Day 6:

I guess the only good thing about going back to work is that I get to debut the new clothes and jewellery that I purchased over the holidays.

I love this dress! It walks a fine line between being a good length, to being a bit too short for work, but it looks great! I'm expecting to get a few disapproving comments from the prudes who work here, but whatever. Fat people are always walking around in things that are way too short and way too tight with tops so low cut that their floppy udders are almost hanging out. THEY never get any comments because people are scared of offending them for being overweight. I don't understand their logic. At least mine look good and I can pull it off :P

The earrings and the necklace were awesome bargains! Both from the $5 rack in Diva. The necklace rrp was $20, the ear-rings were $15 and I picked up both for $10 :) Noice.

Wow it was so hot yesterday. I came home at 5:15pm and the thermometer on the car said it was 40! (thats 104F) When we went to bed at 9:30 it was still hanging around the 30 mark. And today it's supposed to reach 41 at home, but only 31 in the City (where I work). I really love these ultra hot days! I love coming inside to the cool airconditioning, then going outside into the heat and running back inside.

We will be hitting Glenbrook pool this afternoon after work, seeing as they are open until 8pm. Travis has his training regime planned out, and I tag along on swims trying to get better at freestyle! I was a self-taught swimmer from having a pool as a kid, but I never got taught how to do freestyle. Travis is now taking on that responsibilty and armed with the floaty thing that goes between my legs, my goggles and my ear plugs, I am slowly getting better each time.

Well, guess I better choof off and get some work done. And try to avoid people who won't have anything nice to say about my new outfit today :)

2 comments:

fazzbech said...

I hope they liked your outfit, it's pretty cute! Been pretty hot down here in Melb too, so the pool has been a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I'm just a little bit envious at you aussies right now. My legs would turn blue if I got to work in it up here in north right now :-) But it sure looks good!