Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Mess Making


mmmm home-made gnocchi :) One of my all time favourite things. Both to make, AND to eat! And it's something that we only have on weekends because I just don't have to the time when I get home from work. I have finally perfected the recipe and they come out perfect and delicious every time :)

The finished product:

Today I made a bacon and salami sauce, and I used some of my home-grown chillis in it too :) It's one of the best ones I have made to date!

While the gnocchis were cooking, I started a new experiment... I have some yeast, flour, sugar and water covered in a bowl so it can ferment and sour. Tomorrow I am tackling sourdough bread!!! And I will be doing it all by hand. This will be the first loaf of bread I have made where I haven't used the bread machine. Let's hope I don't stuff it up!! hahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that looks so delicious! Any chance to get the recipe?