Sunday, February 08, 2009

too hot!

wow 3 days of 40 degree heat.. we basically haven't left the house all weekend. The curtains, the blinds, and the awnings have all been locked up since about 8:00am! We did got for an early morning run on Saturday. We left at 7:15am and it was already sitting around 25 degrees.
I was doing my photos for the Project 365 thingo, and I realised that I named them wrong last week.. the one for the 31st should have been for the 1st. The 31st pic was on my phone camera, but I cant be bothered right now to fix it up! So... he we are, starting from Wednesday the 4th:

Dinner for one: Travis' German lessons started back today and I always take these nights to either experiment with new dishes, or cook up some Tofu for myself. Travis hates tofu, and even though I marinate it and make it really tasty, he just hates the texture. But that's fine, more for me!

Pre-packed lunch: Every night I pack my lunch for work. We have: Bircher museli for breakfast; Yoghurt - half goe son the museli, the rest I have with lunch; sandwich with turkey and cheese on Garlic and herb bread and a container of chickpeas for lunch; Black muscatel grapes and a banana for snacks.

Persistent - This plant keeps growing so tall it almost hits the roof. I have tried 3 times to cut the lead shoot off, and every time, it just keeps growing back!

Gimmicks - We were in woolies doing our grocery shopping, and we needed fly spray. At the same instant, we both spotted this particular spray. Travis saw the words "Energy Ball" and rolled his eyes, reaching for the normal mortein. I, on the other hand, squealed "oooh energy ball!!!" and snatched it off the shelf in one quick manouvre. Any kind of gimmick or fancy advertising technique, and I fall for it!

Yep, a whole weekend of temps around 42. All we could do was put the AC on and flop around inside. What better weather than this for laying around on the couch watching cricket?!

On Saturday night we headed up the mountain to get some coolness and to just get out of the house.

I drowned myself in aeroguard but I still managed to cop a few bites on my legs. It was nice and peaceful though, listening to the sounds of the bush and just enjoying the stillness.

Oh, i made some more hot cross buns today! But, instead of putting the cross on just before they go into the oven, I put them on waaay before that and they kinda splattered out by the time they went into the oven! hahaha. They taste sooo good though. This time I doubled the amount of mixed spice, and cinnamon so they are just bursting with flavour!


Anyway I am heading off to watch the rest of the cricket now :)

2 comments:

Amandac said...

You know Lisa I would have gone straight for the Energy Ball fly spray too LOL thats why advertisers make loads more money than us!! Loving all your photos,and those buns look yummy as!!!!

Unknown said...

What great moments you've held ... a packed lunch like me!