Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well rested!!

Friday 22nd jan:
The last of my birthday cake! We had so much left over Christmas snacks, that I put it in the freezer ready for a work day where we had no morning tea. Friday was that day :) it's all gone now!


Saturday 23rd january: change of plan... We were supposed to go out on the boat and have a nice picnic with the family, but on Friday afternoon, belle wasn't walking when I got home. She was hobbling around for a few steps before laying down and wasn't her usual happy self. Because onslow has had so many hip / elbow / knee issues, our immediate thought was a snapped cruciate. I made a vet appt for 9:00 on Saturday. Turns out it was just a ligament strain. Phew! I forget just how much pain tolerance poor onslow must have. When he snapped his ACL he was still up and about walking around the place, albeit with a huge limp. Belle on the other hand, pulls a muscle and can't walk at all! Literally she stayed in the same spot for 15 hours straight. LOL here they are in the car on the way home from the vet



Sunday 24th January. Another day, another race! Trav had his 3km race at the regatta centre today. They swam in a rectangle so I didn't get to wander around and follow them. I parked myself in the grandstand and played iPhone scrabble while listening to linkin park! Haha. I love scrabble :) anyway he wanted to do less than an hour and managed to do the swim in 58 minutes. Well done!!


We popped over to leonay golf club for some lunch at 12:00, had our burger and chips and were back home just after 12:30! apart from the vet trip yesterday, I've managed to have the lazy, restful weekend that I was hoping for :) did some scrapping, had some day time naps and just chilled out. Bliss!!!

We had Scott mount the tele onto the wall, and on thursday night we bought a wireless thingo which allows us to watch foxtel in the other room without needing a 2nd box. It works great and can even change the channels put in the other room, even though the box is at the other end of the house. Saves us forking out whatever if costs for a 2nd box these days.

Well time for me to watch cricket and have an iceblock :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: